Monday, October 31, 2005

Shinies

I'd like to share with you an interesting quirk of mine that is rather notorious around work. I have an unusual attraction to all that is shiny. Tin foil, diamonds, costume jewlry, glitter, whatever. If it glimmers, I'll quickly snatch it up and squirell it away in my private stash. Yes, I actually have a special, little box where I keep my favorite shiny items. Every now and then, I'll pull out my special box of shinies and bask in their glimmering glow.
And woe be to any co-worker who wears a pretty piece of jewlry for I will be all over it with triumphant cries of "Shiny!" Watch the workers cower in terror!
I believe that is what 'caw' means for crows. They, who share my obsessive love of sparkling items, are proudly calling down to its fellows happy shouts of their favorite object. Perhaps composing beautiful poetry about the many wonderful qualities of sun-struck gems.

Caw!

As homage to that one animal I relate to so well, I dressed up as a crow (and was promptly mistaken as a dark angel. What kind of angel wears a beak?!). One of my co-workers dressed as a belly dancer so bejewled that I tackled her with my piercing cry of joy. "Many Shinies!!!!"
I haven't left her side since and even managed to steal her ring. I had to give it back though because she had my date hostage (a little black crow to help avoid lengthy explanations; now I can just point).

My shiny love even won me an award at the county costume contest. I ended up rushing a judge with a sparkling pearl necklace (hey, I have to be in character right?) So, I won scariest costume award.
Hmmm....perhaps I take my love too far?......

Sad thing is, this is the second year in a row that I've won scariest costume. I always have to chuckle because in ROTC (college training for military) they always complained that I wasn't intimidating enough. I am a rather silly, easy-going type so terror isn't usually an adjective I'd use no matter what my co-workers say.

Oh well. I guess there's two type of scary in this world:
The big intimidating, guts and gore scary
And the you never know what she's going to do next but it will probably be crazy scary.

Hehe...it's so fun being unpredictable and goofy.

mmmmmmmmmm............shinnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyy......................

2 Comments:

Blogger Doggie Extraordinaire's Mom said...

Oh man, I'm cracking up. I'm imagining you saying that like Smeagol said, "Precious!" Not too far off??? ;)

9:21 PM  
Blogger Library Psychosis said...

Nope, not at all.
You can often catch me crouched over my little treasures muttering to myself.
I've worked in a library for far, far too long.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Tranzliate this Shiznit to Jive!

Click the Spinn'n Rim Beotch!

www.myYearbook.com -- Created by 2 high school students to kick myspace's ass

/body>