Thursday, December 29, 2005

Computer Envy

Our computers may be evil, impossible machines bent on world dommination, but I find myself envious of them despite myself. And it's not just the perks of dictatorship.

For one thing, it gets to go to sleep whenever it's not in use. How great is that? To just shut down until someone nudges you no questions asked. Heck, it even gets to display some pretty niffty screensavers while it does it.

Second, it gets to chose when and how it works. Our computers are the bane of our tech people's lives. These evil computers randomly decide they don't want to go to certain webpages or that they're in the mood to just freeze up. When we screw up, we get a vicious tongue lashing. When computer's screw up we are at their mercy trying everything in our power to convince them to return to normal. If normalcy can't be attained, they get shut off for the day.

How great is that?! It's like sending one of us home because we're not working right!

Ah well.....it's nice to have a dream.

2 Comments:

Blogger Happy Villain said...

Yes, but...

They're practically obsolete the second we buy them...

They have very short lives...

We always hate them...

We curse them, we abuse them and some of my coworkers have littered them with so much food, they actually emit a stench when you use the keyboard...

Someone's ALWAYS stealing the mouse's balls, and telling this to the tech guy is difficult to say without giggling...

The nasty, stinky, unbathed, cootie-infested patrons practically slobber all over them...

I wouldn't want to be a computer at my library. Ugh.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Mae Kyl said...

No, but I'm often envious of the short life span!! There are days (many, many days) where my favorite saying is "Just kill me now and get it over with!"

I just get soooo tired of all of the crap the world tends to throw at my head, and other places!!!!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Tranzliate this Shiznit to Jive!

Click the Spinn'n Rim Beotch!

www.myYearbook.com -- Created by 2 high school students to kick myspace's ass

/body>