Thursday, April 20, 2006

Back from the Grave

I LIVE!!!!!

Sorry, I know it's been a while but I got flattened by college. For the last two months I have been studying obsessively for an evil hard exam that will determine if I get to graduate. I only get this one shot and if I fail, that's it no graduation. You only get one more chance to take it six months later and if you fail that, you have to start grad. school all over again! x_x

Understandably, I put all other projects on hold and focussed completely on relearning everything from the past two years. Naturally, I remembered nothing. Where the hell was I?
I am happy to report that not only did I pass, I got the highest grade!!!! Can you believe it?! Thus and so, it was totally worth the effort even if I had to make you wait for all the interesting library gossip.

A lot has happened since I left you guys in my descent into the ninth ring of hell. I have a lot to tell you so there should be a lot of new posts in the near future.

For now, I'll just share with you how I coped with the whole psychotic level of stress. I decided to have do-something-crazy-you-might-regret-later week. That week I decided to get my first tatoo and I also somehow convinced one of my friends to get her nipple pierced!! I have no idea how I did it or else I would cultivate my evil powers of pursuation to more creative means.

I'm still wincing when I think about it. That's how you know we're in grad. school; you have to be a masochist to put yourself through this kind of hell.

Anywho, Mae Kyl has over fifteen tatoos (take that librarian stereotypes!) and so I got her to recommend a good place to get repeatedly stabbed.

With an entourage of my fellow grad. students to coach me through, we made an appointment and I went there right after work. That's the best time because I'm already so exaughsted and frustrated that my body's practically numb.

The tatoo artist was great, he showed me everything and how everything is top of the line hygenic. That's great because that wasn't do-something-crazy-that-might-get-you-a-blood-born-disease week. Unfortuneately, he also showed me the gun he uses to give the tatoo and showed me how it really uses several needles at once. How is this supposed to make me feel better? I think I could have really been happy not knowing that I will be experiencing the pain of many needles as oppossed to one.

I decided to get it on my hip so no one would know unless I showed it to them. From my experience with henna, I learned that I hate having radom strangers come up to me and comment on my life choices.
BTW, whichever coworker who left and handout on how many diseases and skin disorders you can get from tatoos can suck it. That was so not cool because I got it five minutes before I went to get the tatoo.
Not cool!

Sadly, the readying process took place just when my friend got her nipple pierced so I missed a potentially educational experience. I was just so morbidly curious about the whole thing, but I had to sit still and have my hip cleansed and marked. Damn it.

I was really quite proud of myself during the process. I was so afraid I'd be one of those people who act like her limb is being sawn off; screaming and moaning and being a right royal weenie. You see, like most, I have this understandable fear of needles. It's not the pain per se because it really is minor and my clumsiness gave me and incredible pain tolerance. It's the fact that you know you're about to be stabbed and not only can you not dodge and run, but you're supposed to sit still and RELAX! My primal instinct is far too finely tuned for such a blatant disregard of safety measures. It would be so much better if I never saw it coming, like if the doctor jumped out from behind the door.
Ah, but I digress. Happily, it did not hurt nearly as much as I thought it would so I was able to carry on a coherant conversation and did not make any embarassing sounds of pain. I did do my fair share of grimacing but that's neither here nor there. I had such a tight death grip on the table that my arms ended up hurting more than the tatoo afterwards! I also kept getting the insane urge to laugh which is not too terribly good with a permantent marking procedure. Damn my screwed up response to uncomfortable situations!

In the end, my tatoo turned out beautifully and to date I have still not regretted it.
Now, I know you have all been on the edge of your seats during this whole soliloquy dying to know what I got. What sweet nothing did I have permanently etched into the tender flesh of my hip? If you've been reading my blog or know me at all, you should have some idea. And no, it's not 'pink elephant' which was however a close second.

All I can say is: "CAW!" A beautiful representation of my true inner nature. Whenever I manage to come across a disposible camera, I'll take a picture of it and share it with you!

A special thanks to Librarian Extraordinaire for actually reading my blogs and noticing my sudden absense! Thanks for checking up on me and being so damn supportive!! And thanks to whichever kind soul asked her about my whereabouts. It makes me feel all warm and squishy inside! >_<

More stories to come kids cause I've been saving up a lot of them!
See you next time same Bat Time, same Bat Channel!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Tranzliate this Shiznit to Jive!

Click the Spinn'n Rim Beotch!

www.myYearbook.com -- Created by 2 high school students to kick myspace's ass

/body>